Innovation as described by Webster’s dictionary: noun, in·no·va·tion—the introduction of something new; a new idea, method, or device. What Webster’s doesn’t tell you is how innovation is the backbone of your company and how crucial it is to embrace innovation to strive and compete among others in the business world. But instead of explaining why we think innovation is necessary in business, we thought we would bring out the experts to tell you themselves. Here’s 30 of our favorite quotes on innovation.
”1. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
2. Business has only two functions - marketing and innovation.Milan Kundera
3. The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.Albert Einstein
4. Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable.William Pollard
5. Our future growth relies on competitiveness and innovation, skills and productivity... and these in turn rely on the education of our people.Julia Gillard
6. Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation.Dean Kamen
7. There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period.Brene Brown
”8. Software innovation, like almost every other kind of innovation, requires the ability to collaborate and share ideas with other people, and to sit down and talk with customers and get their feedback and understand their needs.
9. Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse.Winston Churchill
10. For good ideas and true innovation, you need human interaction, conflict, argument, debate.Margaret Heffernan
11. Changes call for innovation, and innovation leads to progress.Li Keqiang
12. There are different ways to do innovation. You can plant a lot of seeds, not be committed to any particular one of them, but just see what grows. And this really isn’t how we’ve approached this. We go mission-first, then focus on the pieces we need and go deep on them and be committed to them.Mark Zuckerberg
13. Exploration is the engine that drives innovation. Innovation drives economic growth.Edith Widder
14. The only way you survive is you continuously transform into something else. It’s this idea of continuous transformation that makes you an innovation company.Ginni Rometty
”15. You can expect no influence if you are not susceptible to influence.
- Carl Jung
16. If you have always done it that way, it is probably wrong.Charles Kettering
”17. There is only one thing stronger than all the armies of the world: and that is an idea whose time has come.
18. Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.John Steinbeck
19. There’s no good idea that cannot be improved on.Michael Eisner
20. What is now proved was once only imagined.William Blake
21. Collaboration is important not just because it's a better way to learn. The spirit of collaboration is penetrating every institution and all of our lives. So learning to collaborate is part of equipping yourself for effectiveness, problem solving, innovation and life-long learning in an ever-changing networked economy.Don Tapscott
22. If you look at history, innovation doesn't come just from giving people incentives; it comes from creating environments where their ideas can connect.Steven Johnson
23. Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power to that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.J. K. Rowling
”24. Once you have an innovation culture, even those who are not scientists or engineers - poets, actors, journalists - they, as communities, embrace the meaning of what it is to be scientifically literate. They embrace the concept of an innovation culture. They vote in ways that promote it. They don't fight science and they don't fight technology.
-Neil deGrasse Tyson
25. The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: Concentration, Discrimination, Organization, Innovation and Communication.Harold S. Geneen
26. Ultimately, progress and innovation win.Travis Kalanick
27. Most people have a very strong sense of organizational ownership, but I think what people have to own is an innovation agenda, and everything is shared in terms of the implementation.Satya Nadella
28. New ideas for innovation grow out of the minds of each new generation. Having an institution of higher learning that can help young people put those ideas into action is critical.Jay Samit
”29. A dream will not become an innovation if there is no realization.
30. Innovation is the calling card of the future.Anna Eshoo