There are many impressive facts about the internet which shows how much of an impact it has on everyday life. Web video is one aspect that’s currently increasing and impacting many industries. The reason for this impact is the major growth that web videos in marketing has had in recent years. Web videos are having a major impact on online marketing, consumers, business professionals, web traffic, video content, and social media. Consumers and business professionals prefer web videos overall. Here are 51 incredible statistics that show how much web video is affecting those areas.
Consumers and Business
of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions (Forbes).
of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it (Forbes).
of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post (Forbes).
4. Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (Insivia).
5. 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful (Insivia).
6. Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers (Insivia).
7. 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Insivia).
8. 54% of senior executives share work related videos with colleagues weekly (Insivia).
9. 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Insivia).
10. Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (Insivia).
11. 43% of marketers said they’d create more video content if there were no obstacles like time, resources, and budget (Insivia).
12. 14% of marketers used live videos in their social media marketing in 2016 (Wordstream).
Consumers and business professionals are responsible for the increasing use of videos in marketing. According to some of the consumer related statistics, consumers are more likely to buy a product if they see a video about it first. Consumers want information about a product, so they know what the product is and how to use it. Consumers are more comfortable making purchasing decisions based on videos and seeing the product being used. These facts show consumers want information about a product in the form of a video, which means marketing will have to cater to what they want.
Business professionals prefer viewing and sharing videos rather than doing the same with text-based formats. Business professionals may have a limited amount of time, so they want information like videos that are quick to view and share with other people. As mentioned earlier, marketers are using videos in marketing strategies because it makes businesses more money due to consumers buying more products.
of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies (Forbes).
of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness (Insivia).
of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year (Insivia).
16. Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300% (Forbes).
17. Video ads now account for more than 35% of all ad spending online (Forbes).
18. Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19% (Insivia).
19. Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22 percent (Wordstream).
20. Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP (Wordstream).
21. Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs (Wordstream).
22. An initial email with a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96% (Wordstream).
Online marketing has been greatly affected by web video because they are more engaging for consumers. Including videos in emails significantly increases the likelihood that a person will open an email. Videos help with search engine results, which means people are more likely to click on the link and visit the page. This helps with brand awareness because it creates more traffic going to a website.
The information about emails and search engines show that people are more engaged with videos. The stats on email marketing and search engine results have convinced marketers to use more videos in marketing. Videos are being used more in marketing strategies because of how effective videos are at engaging people. Marketers also like that people become more aware of a product or brand because they enjoy videos.
Another impressive fact, videos account for 35% of all online ad spending. Web videos must be making companies more money otherwise marketing would not be focusing on web videos as much. This shows web videos have a positive effect on marketing, so the influence of videos in marketing will continue to grow in the future.
Web Traffic & Video Content
of people watch videos online every day (Insivia).
of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video (Insivia).
of the US internet audience watches videos online (Wordstream).
26. Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019 (Forbes).
27. According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year (Forbes).
28. A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos (Forbes).
29. Digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words (Forbes).
30. Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80% (Forbes).
31. 55% of people consume video content thoroughly (Insivia).
32. People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Insivia).
33. Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds (Insivia).
34. More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years (Wordstream).
35. The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women (Wordstream).
36. Over half of video content is viewed on mobile (Wordstream).
37. 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others (Wordstream).
38. 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device (Wordstream).
39. Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts (Wordstream).
40. Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (Wordstream).
41. Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement (Wordstream).
of Facebook video is watched without sound (Insivia).
of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week (Insivia).
of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter (Insivia).
45. YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the internet (Insivia).
46. 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day (Insivia).
47. Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos a day (Insivia).
48. Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watched across devices (Insivia).
49. 80% of 18-to-49-year-olds watch YouTube in an average month (Insivia).
50. More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day (Wordstream).
51. Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links (Wordstream).